Saturday, April 10, 2010

We're Home

And It's So Good To Be Back...

Nathan did such an amazing job and was so strong through this whole process. Here we are getting all suited up and ready to go back to the OR. The actual surgery lasted just over an hour, which was surprisingly good time. I was expecting about two.


This picture below is post surgery. We were waiting for him to 'wake up'. It took him about 30 minutes or so, but it was so good to see his eyes finally open.





In our hospital room that night. Nathan was bouncing around like nothing ever happened. He was amazing.


I tried to get a picture of what is going on under all of the guaze and bandaging. He has a drain in his neck that comes out of the point of incision that is supposed to be pulled out 1/4 of an inch each day until it is completely out. It is there to let any more infection and fluid come out while he heals. It is somewhat of a gruesome sight to see, but I've kinda gotten used to it now.

Thank you EVERYONE for your fasting and prayers in Nathan's behalf. We definitely felt the effects of those prayers and appreciate your love and support.

5 comments:

Gords said...

Good to hear that everything went as planned and that the healing process has begun. What a tough kid! Looks like he's enjoying that well deserved popsicle!

Kellie said...

So glad to hear that everything went so well. Hope he continues to recover quickly!

Jeff and Risae Carlson said...

We were in California visiting Jeff's family for the past week. I just got home and read your posts. I am so sorry you have had to experience this in you life. It's never fair when we have to go through things that we don't want or expect. I am happy they have a diagnosis and the surgery went well. You will be in my prayers.

Heather Whitworth said...

I'm so glad everything went well with the surgery. There is nothing worse than having your child not feeling well and not knowing why... So glad things will start "settling down" now post surgery (pardon the pun, that was pretty lame :)

dan said...

Good job buddy!!