The big day.
Tomorrow Nathan will be a new man. Lump free (at least on his neck). Not sayin' it's going to be a smooth recovery, but at least that 2 lb. 'thing' hanging off his neck will be gone. And that's cause for celebration.
Here is Nathan at his last week's doctor visit at the Children's Hospital in Denver. They thought he might have had TB and wanted him to wear this mask (didn't stay on for too long).--FYI--he doesn't have TB.
He has A-typical TB--some sort of microbacterial infection. (clear as mud? yeah, that's what I think too).
Just wanted to capture a few more pictures of the beast before it's gone. Nathan's had this lump for 2 months--which at least doubled or tripled in size since I first noticed it. The lump seems to have taken on its own attitude. It's gotten more and more angry, red, swollen, infected, and much much bigger in size. I think it's telling us something.


Nathan has been amazing through all of this and we wish him the very best tomorrow as he goes in for surgery to have a complete removal of this mass.
Just wanted to capture a few more pictures of the beast before it's gone. Nathan's had this lump for 2 months--which at least doubled or tripled in size since I first noticed it. The lump seems to have taken on its own attitude. It's gotten more and more angry, red, swollen, infected, and much much bigger in size. I think it's telling us something.

Nathan has been amazing through all of this and we wish him the very best tomorrow as he goes in for surgery to have a complete removal of this mass.We love you, bubba! We'll be with you every step of the way.
2 comments:
We will be praying for him as throughout the whole process tomorrow. we will also be taking part in the fast. Hope all is well with everything else. Good luck Nathan, we love you all.
Wow, I can't get over how big that lump is! It looks really painful too. Thanks for explaining what is going on, with the microbacterial infection. I've seen the other pictures on your blog and I've been really curious about what he has. I've never heard of anyone having that before. All the best for a speedy recovery for Nathan. Hang in there!
Post a Comment