Monday, October 06, 2008

Enough About Me, Let's Talk about You. What Do You Like About Me?


20 years ago I was,
1. 11 years old
2. in 6th grade
3. seriously, who can remember that far back?

10 years ago I,
1. graduated from BYU
2. was called to serve a mission in Adelaide, Australia
3. recently returned from a BYU study abroad trip to the Holy Land

5 years ago I,
1. was not even married!
2. was teaching 1st grade to a bunch of 5-6 year olds at Orem Elementary
3. bought a piano and had it hauled up to the 3rd floor of the condo complex that I lived in (now I just need to learn how to play)!

3 years ago I was,
1. celebrating the birth of my daughter Adelaide
2. living in Orem, Utah in the condo Ben and I bought together when we got married
3. trying to convince Ben that we didn't need to start having another child yet

1 year ago I,
1. gave birth to twin boys and my oldest had just barely turned TWO!
2. had just moved from our condo in Orem to our first home in West Jordan!
3. made another best friend

So far this year I,
1. have moved from West Jordan, Utah to Cheyenne, Wyoming
2. have seen Nathan and Ryan turn 1!!
3. witnessed my older sister Sarah get married in the Salt Lake City Temple (she was beautiful!)

Yesterday I,
1. turned 31 and had a party with family to celebrate (well, as much as you can party on the Sabbath)
2. watched conference
3. got tickets from Ben (my bday present) to see Celine Dion perform LIVE in Denver on November 19th (yay!)

Today I,
1. am doing LOTS of laundry
2. got up early and ran 3 miles!
3. am happy because the boys are napping as I type this

Tomorrow I will,
1. take my kids to the library
2. get up early and exercise again
3. wait and see what happens!

p.s. Thanks to all of you who called or emailed me yesterday on my big day. It meant a lot and I surely do luv and 'ppreciate ya.

7 comments:

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Rececca! You have not aged at long since high school. Your look so good.

Sara said...

Sorry that meant so say, you have not aged at all. I am sure you figured that out. What the heck!

marci said...

Hey Bec, I love your posts, you really are a funny girl! And that Addie...what a cutie! Its fun having girls the same age...and twins! We always have lots to talk about! Take your mom to see Celine, she is amazing...Celine that is but actually...so is your mom! I love them both! Dinner time, talk to you later. It sure was nice talking to you today, love you! Marci

Amber Wray said...

Happy be-lated birthday! I hope I can look half as good as you do at 31. You seriously still look like you arein your early twenties! Guess I better start running 3 miles a day. Is that how you do it?

Jeff and Risae Carlson said...

You look FABULOUS Becca. When I talk to you, you sound so discouraged about yourself. You can let it go, you're awesome. Congrats on your birthday.
We miss you.

Kale said...

Oh darn it I'm sorry I missed your birthday but HAPPY BIRTHDAY anyway. You look awesome and we sure miss you down here in Utah.

dawn altier said...

Happy Belated Lady! It sounds like you're well, and that, makes me smile!