Monday, September 29, 2008


Mirror Images and Walking


So, we are finally seeing the reason behind the ultra saturated-with-drool clothing that has been happening lately. And we discovered something interesting about it along the way.

Ryan and Nathan are both getting a top tooth in--finally. You'd think by 14 months they'd have a full mouth of choppers. Nope. Just the bottom two and now one on top. It's interesting to note, though, that Ryan's tooth on top is on the left side and that Nathan's tooth is coming in on the right side. How crazy is that?

Ryan's top tooth coming in on the left (sorry about the boogie in the nose)

Nathan's top tooth coming in on the right (it looks like I'm inflicting pain on these boys but I'm not:)

I guess it's true how people have been telling me that identical twins often mirror each other in certain aspects (one parts hair on left side, one on right; one rights with right hand, other with left; etc...) It'll be fascinating to see if this carries on as the boys get older. I've been watching to see if one twin will be a lefty and one will be right handed, but I think it's too early to tell. They still switch on and off quite frequently.

Anyway, speaking of changes, the boys have officially started walking! Ryan actually started about 2 weeks ago, and Nathan is now wanting to try it out. It's so cute to see these guys cruise around the house. They are getting really good at it!

Ryan


Nathan being a little bit more hesitant about it

Good job, buddies, on all of the advancements you're making. We love you and are proud of you (x2)!!

6 comments:

marci said...

How cute are they!? Absolutely adorable! I wonder if they will be mirror twins too. They say that only happens in identical sets. However mine do have the parting hair on opposite sides of the head though. And forever we thought Erin was a lefty but now we are pretty sure they're both rightys. Ellie does suck her left thumb though. Its so fun(and utterly crazy) watching them grow! I love ya and miss you terribly! Maybe one of these visits Hannah makes to SLC you can leave the boys with Dad and come visit? Love ya Marci

Birgitta said...

How fun...your kids are growing teeth and my son just lost a tooth today!

Amber Wray said...

Just when I think ther eis no way your kids can get any cuter, they do!!!! They are absolutely adorable and you are making such fun memories. memories that will last an eternity! keep up the good job super mom!!!

Rachel Hubbard said...

Hey Bec- So I think the picture of Ryan? walking holding the pink #1 Mom card is so cute!!! He just letting everyone know he has the #1 mom!!! So funny. That is pretty awesome the opposite thing. I've never heard that, granted, I'm not in the multiple world...but that's cool. I'll be interested to see also if anything else turns out like that! Well, it's good to see an update! I hope things work out for timeout, I would LOVE to hang out with my sisters more than once a year. Take care of yourself and your family. We sure love you and miss you! ~Rach

Kriss & Jenni said...

The boys are so cute. They look so grown up in the walking pictures. Now about those teeth, my twins were so late in getting teeth Jayden didn't get any until after the age of one. She is now just getting her 2 year old molars. Braxton is about 6 months ahead of her in getting teeth. Just be careful not to stick your finger in too much other wise they might figure out how to bite it off.:)

Gina said...

Wow. I am completely fascinated by the mirror image thing. That's cool. They are adorable, nay, edible. :)