Monday, March 01, 2010

Is There a Stronger Word than Hate?

My emotions got the best of me last week when my little Nathan went through this:


It's hard to say that you might actually hate something. But yes, I think I do. Last week I developed a strong hatred towards all of those nasty 'in' medicines. I'm talking about you, augmentin. And clindomyacin. And amoxicillin. And penicillin. All of you. You're not invited into our home anymore. Even though you were trying to help, you ended up making things worse. What a friend you were.


Poor Nathan. He tried hard to be happy despite how badly he was itchin and scratchin. I'm so glad that's all over.

Now off to combat the initial problem...

5 comments:

Kriss & Jenni said...

Poor little guy!!! I am so glad my kids have not had this happen to them. I feel your pain though!! Sick, grumpy kids are not fun!

Rachel Hubbard said...

I send my love to you guys how sorry i am that you had to deal with so much!!!

Jeff and Risae Carlson said...

Is that an allergic reaction? I will forever say that sickness is the worst part of Momhood.

Tiffany said...

Oh what a shame! Poor little Nathan! I hope he is all recovered now.

marci said...

Oh Bec, that is so sad, and scary. He could have anaphylatic shock the next time so make sure he never gets it again! My husband went through that about 6 weeks ago and he had them SOOOO bad. I couldn't believet, and it was caused by amoxicillin too. They didn't go away for about 10 days, he had to miss 2 days of work because he was so miserable and couldn't wear work clothes!