Friday, September 18, 2009

Looks Like We'll Be Having Fried Green Tomatoes


So this is our first attempt at a garden since living here in Cheyenne. Well, I should say that it is actually our first attempt EVER at a garden. We got these tomato plants put in the ground at the end of April. It is now the middle of September and we have since brought these babies inside in hopes of getting them to turn red. It's just starting to get too cold here at night, and has never gotten over 100 degrees during the day here this whole summer. One or two are turning red, but it looks like we might be eating a lot of fried green tomatoes. Next year we hope to do better...

1 comment:

Kale said...

My mom told me what to do with all those fabulous green tomatoes. If you pull up the entire plant and hang it upside down (like in your garage because it makes a huge mess) the tomatoes will turn red. I tried it and I'm still getting red tomatoes and its the end of November!!! Good luck!