I don't know how it happened, either. This has kept me up late at night thinking about it. Where did I go wrong? What happened in Addie's life where she felt compelled to make such a big change? What are her underlying issues? (Do we need to seek therapy perhaps?) And last but not least, how long will it last?
You ask: What is this leaf-turning phoenomenon that has submerged in my almost 4 year old? Note for yourself the documentation:
TURNING OF A NEW (and not-liked-by-her-mother) LEAF
February 2009 Clearly you can see a difference. What has happened to my beautiful girl? Hair color changed and went completely flat. No more luscious blonde curls. Just a head full of moppy hair. Shaggy. Tangly. Fuzzy. No brushing, no fussing. Just the fall-in-your face, get-in-your way kind'a do. And Addie is in heaven.
Picture taken April 4, 2009 This really is Addie's daily look. And it pains me so.I told Ben that I love her dearly, but to put it bluntly, I'm rather embarrassed to be seen with her. It's that bad. Whatever will I do with Addie and her new do? Bribe, you say? Doesn't work. Take away priveleges? Tried it. Beg and plead? Every day.
I almost think that along with her shaggy new look, Addie's actually turning grey. Now, we haven't gotten her checked on this one to be sure, but it's hard not to think that this is happening when her hair never gets brushed, styled, and beautified. Anyone ever heard of a 3 year old gone grey?
Wo is me. I have no idea where to go with this one. I hope and pray that this is only a 'phase' but I have a feeling that it's here to stay for a while.
My heart is hurting now. This post has stirred in me many painful emotions.
Goodbye now. I'm off to shed another tear...
I almost think that along with her shaggy new look, Addie's actually turning grey. Now, we haven't gotten her checked on this one to be sure, but it's hard not to think that this is happening when her hair never gets brushed, styled, and beautified. Anyone ever heard of a 3 year old gone grey?
Wo is me. I have no idea where to go with this one. I hope and pray that this is only a 'phase' but I have a feeling that it's here to stay for a while.
My heart is hurting now. This post has stirred in me many painful emotions.
Goodbye now. I'm off to shed another tear...




7 comments:
Becca, this post was hilarious! The whole time I was expecting there to be a picture of Addie, with scissors in her hand, and half of her hair cut off. But it is crazy just how all of a sudden, it went straight. Weird! I wish I could have some kind of advice for you, but Lindsay has never really fussed when it comes to doing her hair, and even if she doesn't want to, she knows she has no choice. Tried doing it while she watches a movie or tv show? Let her play in the water at the sink? Will threatening to cut it off work? Good luck!!
Alas, If mother would have let me have long curly hair.. IF ONLY. Well, I have the answer to your problem becca! Get busy and have another kiddie. That way you can start over and have a kid with curls. Also, you can feel like your catching up with Mary and Rachel. You've got a ways to go too. Speed things up with another set of twins!!!!
Good luck with the hair thing Becca. My girls use to fight me, but they now know they are not allowed to go outside without their hair done. They actually tell me when I have forgotten to do their hair before leaving the house. They love to play in the water or watch TV while I do it. I hope Addie wants her hair done soon she is so cute!
Sorry I am basically useless on this one I only have the boys to deal with. I remember my sister thumping me with a comb when I was little if I didn't hold still. My mom used to braid our hair so tight we looked Asian, perhaps that is because we were throwing the same kind of attitude?!? Sorry my dear hang in there and if all else fails duct tape her fingers together and then rope her to a chair and hurry! ;)
I kinda like shaggy and gray.
I think the length has something to do with the curls. If you cut it, I bet it would be curly again. Tell her that short is IN! Also, she just needs to get out in the sun and it will be blonde again. However, I'm with Ben. I like gray hair, especially if it looks like George Clooney.
Bec, I so understand the whole "hair thing" being that I have 2 little three-year-old girls! They never want to have a bath, and they NEVER want their hair done. The good thing is they DO love to go out and do stuff, errands with me or whatever. We have a rule that they aren't allowed to go with "crazy hair" as we put it. So they do allow me to do it but it always goes like this...C'mon let do hair, Ellie comes, sits down, tells me how she wants it done-and if I obey, she doesn't make a sound. Erin more like...no I don't want to, do Ellie's first...then finally I have her in the chair and no matter how I do it, she says...ouch! Your hurting me! Ouch mom ouch! Pulls her head all over in different directions and finally when it all done and she looks cute, happy nice girls comes back! At least you can know that you are not alone in this one! I've thought about cutting their hair but I would still need to do something with it each day and its just so beautiful and long. So for now, I will just deal with the ouch, your hurting me! P.S. She says that even when im not even touching her hair sometimes...so im not buying! Marci
Post a Comment