Thursday, July 30, 2009

Where Did July Go?

Admittedly, I have not posted in some time. I was thinking over the reasons why, and mostly it's just pure laziness. I get more interested in reading other people's blogs than writing on my own. I will try to change that because for a while there I was kinda getting good at blogging.
So as not to make this post extremely long and boring, I thought I'd just give some highlights as to what's been going on these past few months:

--Snow (well, hail) on June 11th
--Addie turned 4 years old on June 27th!!
--Addie got a haircut. You should have seen the fit she threw at the barber shop so I ended up doing it myself when we got home.

--4th of July trip to Utah to see Kaysha get baptized.
--Visit to the new Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House.
--Summer fun with pools and watermelon.

--Sprinkler system installed in front, side, and back yard.

--Sod installed in part of front yard, along with side and back yard.
--40 plus hours put into a swingset we bought from Sams. Still not done, but getting really close. (I shall not take any of the credit. It's been all Ben).
--Lovely friends from Utah coming to visit for a few days.

--Frontier days in Cheyenne, including pancake breakfast, parade, professional bullriders, the Thunderbirds, and an AMAZING night concert from Kenny Chesney. Yeehaw!--Signed up for another race on August 8th. This one's just a 5K.

--Reached a summertime low of a whopping 57 degrees (faranheit) on Wed, Jul 29th. I couldn't tell if it was the end of July or the middle of November. Seriously, it was THAT cold.

--2nd annual Peterson Family campout this weekend. Olympic themed. Should be loads of fun. Hopefully there will be pics to come...

So there's an update for ya. Can't say I haven't blogged in a while now:) Hope everyone is having a fabulous summer!

xoxo

3 comments:

Gords said...

You'd need to take a shower if you hugged those boys after eating their watermelon. Too cute.

Jeff and Risae Carlson said...

Glad to see you posting again.

Anonymous said...

Becca...i love the cupcakes! Did you make them!!! What a cool MOM! Where did you find the cupcake stand....?

Take Care