Saturday, June 20, 2009

Addie and the Beanstalk


Addie got a little ol' bean
to have a growing experiment with. I tell ya what, she was excited! Her primary teachers gave it to her a few weeks ago. Paper cup, plastic bag, dirt and a little ol' bean--roll 'em all together and we're hoping for that big ol' beanstalk we read about in those children books. I, honestly, didn't think much would come of this little ol' bean, but here she is with her preciousness now. Just waiting for it to get leetle beet higher so that she can climb to the top and snag us some of those golden eggs. As we've been waiting for this stalk to grow to send our Addie out on the limb (no pun intended, well, not really) we have enjoyed some very exciting news!
Veggies! Bean veggies were actually growing on this stalk. (I was mightily impressed because we Gridleys don't have much of green thumbs at all). We've had about 5 come and go on the stalk at certain points but can I just say that this something that makes us quite proud. Guess after this whole experience I'll have to go into gardening--must mean that I'm good at it, and Addie will most surely fall in love with Jack when she sees him at the top of the beanstalk. She'll have to tell them that he'll just have to wait and to catch back up with her in about 18 years.

Ben...well, I can already tell what he's thinking about all of this:

1 comment:

Kellie said...

That is awesome that it has grown so well! Good luck on keeping it going!