

That's what it took me to run the 10K Bolder Boulder (in Boulder, Colorado).
This was my first time running it (or any official race, for that matter) and was hoping to make it under an hour. I didn't quite get my goal, but got awfully close!! If there weren't as many people that I had to weave through, I probably could have shaved at least a minute off my time.
But I ran the whole way amidst the 50,000 other people that were running the race along with me. And you know what? I had a great time. It was a good challenge for me and I'm glad I did it.
My brother Daniel, brother-in-law Kris and his two brothers all skunked me on time (they ran it in about 47 minutes) but I was proud of myself for joining them and trying this out for the first time.
So anyone wanna join me next year? I need GIRL POWER!!
(click here for my race results)
5 comments:
Congratulations! What a great accomplishment!
Nice job. Now you have a time to beat for next time. Keep training and your time will drop.
Congratulations
Bec,
I am AMAZED!!! And so PROUD of you! And here I think i'm doing good by just walking 2.5 miles 4x a week! (Pushing a stroller worth about 75 lbs) You are so AWESOME! I miss you and my family and I are getting pretty excited to visit Cheyenne again in a few weeks! We are excited to see your new house! And your family! Love Ya
I can't believe how comparable your time was to the men. You don't need more girl power. You've got enough!!!
You go Girl!!! I would totally run with you!
Post a Comment